Twitter Counter

Three Ways To Reduce Your Northeast OH Short Sale Deficiency

Northeast OH – No one wants a deficiency on a short sale. It’s not your fault the housing market crashed. In fact, some people say that the banks and Wall Street are what caused the crash.

Get my Free, Step By Step Loan Modification Guide by clicking here.

Here are four ways that you can reduce the deficiency amount on your short sale.

1. Negotiate with the lender. Many lenders will settle for substantially less than what they are owed. For example, we have seen lenders settle for as low as 10 cents on the dollar.

In one case, the lender lost over $100,000 on a short sale. They settled with the home owner for a $10,000 promissory note to be repaid over 10 years with zero interest.

Lenders will reduce the amount to settle for over time. They know that the longer they go without being paid, then the less likely it is they will ever be repaid at all. They agree to settle because they know that something is better than nothing.

2. Declare Bankruptcy. If your bankruptcy is approved, then you may be able to have all of the debt erased in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

The problem is that not everyone qualifies for bankruptcy. The bankruptcy laws were changed in 2005 and made it much harder for the average American to qualify for bankruptcy. Talk to a bankruptcy lawyer to see if you qualify.

You may not meet the Bankruptcy “Means Test.”

3. Hire a good attorney. Find a good attorney that specializes in defending consumers from collections. Your attorney may be able to find a loophole in the law that makes the debt invalid.

Be careful that you find a lawyer that specializes in this category of the law. You don’t want to pay an attorney to learn on your dime. There are a lot of great lawyers that can help you.

4. Fight the lender’s collections on your own. This is much easier when you genuinely do not have the money to pay. Many people are just scraping by.

Every dime they make is being used towards paying rent, car payments, utilities, and food for your family. Most states will not allow a creditor to take food out of your mouth.

You can check with a good attorney to find out the laws in your state. There are also legal aid non profits that can give you advice on what to do to stop a garnishment or bank account seizure.

Thinking about a short sale? I can help you short sale your property so you can move on with your life. Send me an e-mail at I will contact you for a free consultation.

When we talk, I will explain how the process works in detail and answer any questions you may have. Or, if you prefer, you can call me at (440) 348-5500

Discover how other sellers successfully completed a short sale and request a free consultation by clicking here.

Thinking about a loan modification? Our Northeast OH loan modification kit has the instructions you will need to get a loan modification approved with your bank. Click here to request a copy.

Thanks for reading this, Andy Morris.

Andy is a Real Estate Broker at Realty Trust Services. Northeast OH Short Sales Realtor:

Phone: (440) 348-5500 .

View My homes for sale at

Andy Morris specializes in loan modification assistance and short sales in Northeast OH. Northeast OH  Modification Help, Northeast OH  Short Sales, Northeast OH  Short Sale Realtor, Northeast OH  Short Sales. Northeast OH Realtor, Northeast OH Stop Foreclosure, Northeast OH Foreclosure Prevention, Prevent Foreclosure Northeast OH, Northeast OH Foreclosure Defense, Northeast OH behind in Payments.

Leave a Reply




You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>